Posted by RiseNC on October 27, 2011
Posted in Home | Tagged: register, sign up, Welcome | 4 Comments »
Posted by RiseNC on April 21, 2015
The NC House of Representatives established a Wildlife Resource Standing Committee to study any of the following
Section 3. The Committee may study any of the following:
(1) Standards adopted by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and standards of other states related to the regulation of cervids.
(2) The process other states use to issue transportation permits for the importing cervids into the state.
(3) Whether or not the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission should allow the sale of antlers, antler velvet, or hides from captive populations of white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus).
(4) The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission’s fee schedule, staffing structure, and enforcement authority, including:
(a) Any reports of wildlife officers’ abuse of authority.
(b) The Commission’s collection of fees and expenditure of funds.
(c) Whether the Director of the Commission should be confirmed by the General Assembly.
(d) Whether duties currently under the jurisdiction of the Commission would be more efficiently performed by another agency of State government.
(5) Any other issue the Committee deems relevant to this study.
Wildlife Resources Committee, N C House of Representatives (Click on the link for members and other information)
House Speaker Tim Moore assigns committee posts
Legislators hear from victims of discredited bear poaching ‘sting’
NC deer farmers, hunters battle over regulation of growing herds
Deer farmers accuse NC agency of stoking fear and raiding farms
Legislature to put N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission under microscope
Posted in Home, NC Legislature | Leave a Comment »
Posted by RiseNC on November 10, 2014
Posted in NC Legislature | Leave a Comment »
Posted by RiseNC on February 1, 2013
Please note that on several websites it says that I am against hunting. I am not a hunter but by no means am I against Hunters. I do understand that first of all most hunters are ethical and believe in fair chase in a natural environment. I have done enough research about NCWRC and the management of our wildlife in NC to know that it is the hunters that are paying for so very much to protect our wildlife. Thank you NC’s HUNTERS.
I, nor any person/volunteers with RiseNC.org, can promote fund-raising for any cause at this time as RiseNC.org is not an established non-profit organization. RiseNC is a group of volunteers who are trying to make changes for the better management of wildlife in NC. I fear at this time our campaign may be hindered if we attach ourselves with any group, individual, or organization collecting monies.
Posted in Home | Leave a Comment »